NGINX is the world's most popular open source web server and load balancer for high traffic sites, powering over 140 million properties. NGINX Plus adds enterprise-ready features, such as HTTP and TCP load balancing, session persistence, health checks, advanced monitoring, and management, to give you the freedom to innovate without being constrained by infrastructure. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Progress, Excellence, Openness and Curiosity.
NGINX is searching for a Business Development Representative to join their growing sales team in San Francisco. This position reports to the Director of Sales, Chris Bair.
This position requires previous experience with outbound prospecting and is focused primarily on Enterprise Accounts. The BDR in the interview should be able to demonstrate not only the ability to comprehend NGINX, but differentiate it from the Open Source offering. They will also be expected to articulate how they would be creative and thoughtful in their approach to solicit a response from prospects. NGINX requires that a BDR commit to the position for no less than one year before being considered for promotion.
- Schedule meetings from "cold" campaigns within Target Accounts for Enterprise sales
- Build and maintain consistent sequence of communication with prospects
- Leverage prospecting tools: Outreach.io, emailhunter, Linkedin Navigator…etc.
- Collaborate with entire organization and think outside of the box to procure meetings in Enterprise accounts
- Meet Enterprise Sales Team weekly, review efforts, and make adjustments where needed
- Exhibit qualities of overachievement, self-motivation, good teamwork and positive attitude
- Meet and exceed minimum activity metrics
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- One year of outbound prospecting (this is a must)
- The ability to be personable with written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with prospecting tools: Outreach.io, Salesloft, Toutapp...etc.
- Previous experience in enterprise software sales is a plus
First Pass Interview:
You will conduct a telephone pitch of NGINX with Chris Bair, the Director of Sales, or Casey Woods, the BDR Team Lead, with the goal of setting a meeting for your Account Executive. This will be timed and is not to exceed five minutes. Candidates will not be expected to be experts in our technology, but will be tested for ability to overcome objections and benchmark your preparation for the call.
The scenario is as follows:
You are cold calling into an Enterprise Account whose business is driven through a B to C app that has a strong online presence, as well as on mobile. The person who you are soliciting is the VP of Infrastructure and Engineering. They are not expecting your call and have not interacted with marketing content!
While you know the company uses NGINX OS, you do not know if this individual is aware of that or what their understanding of NGINX is. You should be prepared to ask questions around what they use for Application Delivery, as far as software and hardware tools are concerned, differentiate NGINX's commercial offering from Open Source, and provide value statements against competitive products.
Once you have delivered a strong value proposition you will be expected to ask for a meaningful next step or meeting. Please expect standard objections: not interested, no time, no budget and happy with current solution.
*hint: everything you need is on our website and it would be a good idea to have some tabs open in front of you to reference if it isn't a distraction.
NGINX is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values: Progress, Excellence, Openness and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, NGINX welcomes the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers and business partners.