NGINX is the world's fastest growing web server and application acceleration software with over 140M sites using the software. NGINX is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, such as Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, Wordpress and Living Social. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Curiosity, Openness, Progress and Excellence.
NGINX is searching for a Front-end Architect to join a new team in their San Francisco or Sunnyvale offices.
- Decompose business and technical requirements, UX wires and designs into functional components
- Work with architect and backend team to design services interfaces from Docker-based microservices application
- Participate in scrum-based development process, providing effort estimates, commitments and feedback to Jira task, story and epic tickets
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering managers to develop feature specifications and implementation approach
- Lead a team of engineers to create functional components based on the architecture
- Ensure that systems are built with test-driven methodology, verifying the functionality of code and components through implementation of unit and integration tests
- Work in a CI/CD environment using Jenkins and similar tools
- 8+ years of experience as a front-end engineer or full-stack engineer
- 4+ years of experience designing complex, service-based front-end applications
- Experience designing with ReactJS or similar Single-Page-Application framework
- Experience working with Docker-based microservices
- Full-stack architectural experience a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency/experience using CI/CD systems, Test-Driven Development and Agile methodologies such as Scrum
NGINX is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values: Progress, Excellence, Openness and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, NGINX welcomes the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers and business partners.