This Lead Java Developer role is an exciting opportunity to join our highly effective global team, helping us to deliver technical and organizational change for a very large client. For the last three years we have consistently delivered what they recognize as best-in-organization practices and leading-edge technical patterns at scale.
We are looking for an outstanding Lead Java developer with excellent interpersonal skills, solid analytical and problem solving skills, and an eagle eye for detail, with a good knowledge of writing web based applications.
Outstanding habits of unit testing-as-you-go, writing documentation, and code commenting are also required.
In this role you will invest time in working with the team's Solution Architect, as well as direct interaction with our client, listening to and identifying client problems and coming up with effective solutions, in some cases originating new designs; writing technical user stories and leading the team in development of quality solutions.
You will lead a small but mighty and perfectly formed team, building high-performance API-first microservices that handle large data volumes in mission critical environments, in co-operation with our exceptional UK-based teams.
The following skills and experience are required:
- Full project lifecycle experience in delivering complex, high volume applications preferably Internet based
- Excellent Java programming skills - Java 1.6 essential, Java 1.8 preferred
- Experience with Spring - particularly Spring 4.x IOC and MVC
- Working knowledge of design patterns
- Working knowledge of Servlet/JSP based applications and standard Java application servers such as Tomcat or Jetty.
- Good understanding of SQL, and strong understanding of database schema design
- Hands-on experience with Linux based systems
- Understanding of DVCS technologies such as Git or Mercurial.
- Comfortable mentoring others
Exposure to some of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Practitioner of BDD/TDD
- Knowledge or experience with scripting languages such as Groovy, Python, and JVM based languages such as Scala or Clojure
- Working knowledge of NoSQL database platforms such as Cassandra, MongoDB
- Working knowledge of relational databases including MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- Working knowledge of Apache Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Working knowledge of IntelliJ IDEA
- Knowledge of common Apache libraries such as Log4J, Apache Commons, Ant and JUnit
- Understanding of RESTful web services. Strong understanding of JSON/JSON Schema/XML/ XSD
- JSTL and any presentation layer skills are an advantage
- Testing frameworks and automation tools such as Mockito, Spock, Cucumber or JUnit
- Previous experience of eCommerce technologies (WebSphere Commerce, SAP hybris, Demandware, ElasticPath, ATG Commerce)
Why work with us?
We deliver high-end and high-availability enterprise software solutions and consultancy to a wide variety of blue chip and global clients, often in partnership with other agencies and specialist business consultancies. We won the "most innovative partner" award from a large software vendor - one of our most significant software partners - two years in a row.
We have a deep technical heritage and always strive to maintain our leading position at the cutting edge of technical advances, to deliver the best that technology has to offer the business of our clients - in short, we solve real business problems, intelligently and elegantly.
We operate in a highly ethical manner and work successfully with many partners and clients, with whom we enjoy deep relationships that span decades. We have a reputation for quality, impartiality and open-mindedness that is uncommon - with our staff and our clients.
We strive to put its people first in a collaborative and open work environment with offices based in London and downtown Bellevue.
- The opportunity to work with highly-skilled and respected team members
- Generous health insurance coverage
- Three weeks paid vacation per year
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and educational resources available
- Potential international travel to London from time to time
- Some work-from-home opportunity