This Project Management role is an exciting opportunity to join our highly effective global team, helping us to deliver technical and organizational change for a very large client. For the last three years we have consistently delivered what they recognize as best-in-organization practices and leading-edge technical patterns at scale.
You will lead a small (4-6 developers) application delivery team that works primarily in Java, and may also manage issues for a small production operations team (2-4 engineers) for our Eastside-based client.
Some of the key responsibilities for the role include:
- Full Project Management responsibility from project initiation to effective implementation and sign-off
- Issues and Risks identification, mitigation and resolution
- Regular reporting both internally and to the client
- Production and maintenance of Project Plan and Budgets
- Leading the team by example, with a hands-on approach if and when necessary
- Initiation, development and delivery of continuous improvement opportunities
- Motivation of the team to achieve individual and team objectives
- Interaction with senior management and business stakeholders
- Building an understanding of client's business, organization and objectives
- Setting and managing client expectations.
- Keeping up to date with emerging industry practices.
- Project Management experience (5yrs +)
- Experience of managing multiple software development projects, preferably with some experience of delivering microservices or Big Data solutions
- Full knowledge of the project lifecycle and experience of various project development methodologies (including Waterfall, Incremental and Agile)
- Experience using JIRA & Confluence to manage workflows & client communications
- Experience of managing people and financial budgets (including project budgeting, monitoring financials etc).
- Experience of working on his/her own initiative to an agreed action plan.
- Experience of overseeing 3rd parties.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Solid time management & organizational skills.
- High level of communication, interpersonal and presentation skills including experience of writing accurate and concise reports.
- Excellent negotiation skills and an ability to handle sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Good commercial knowledge, experience of contract negotiations would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the following technologies would be advantageous; Java, AWS, Docker, Microservices
- Experience of pre-sales engagements and proposal writing would be advantageous.
Why Work With Us?
We deliver high-end and high-availability enterprise software solutions and consultancy to a wide variety of blue chip and global clients, often in partnership with other agencies and specialist business consultancies. We won the "most innovative partner" award from a large software vendor - one of our most significant software partners - two years in a row.
We have a deep technical heritage and always strive to maintain our leading position at the cutting edge of technical advances, to deliver the best that technology has to offer the business of our clients - in short, we solve real business problems, intelligently and elegantly.
We operate in a highly ethical manner and work successfully with many partners and clients, with whom we enjoy deep relationships that span decades. We have a reputation for quality, impartiality and open-mindedness that is uncommon - with our staff and our clients.
We strive to put its people first in a collaborative and open work environment with offices based in London and downtown Bellevue.
- The opportunity to work with highly-skilled and respected team members
- Generous health insurance coverage
- Three weeks paid vacation per year
- Competitive salary
- Professional development and educational resources available
- Potential international travel to London from time to time
- Some work-from-home opportunity