NGINX is the world's most popular open source web server and load balancer for high-traffic sites, powering over 140 million properties. NGINX Plus adds enterprise-ready features, such as HTTP and TCP load balancing, session persistence, health checks, advanced monitoring and management, to give you the freedom to innovate without being constrained by infrastructure. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Progress, Excellence, Openness and Curiosity.
NGINX is searching for a Sales Development Representative to join their growing sales team in San Francisco. This position reports to the SDR Manager, Danny West.
Technical acumen and/or prior business development experience are big plusses!
- Schedule highly qualified meetings for Account Executives by promoting NGINX's products and professional services to build a sales pipeline
- Manage inbound leads and properly disposition them
- Leverage prospecting tools and outbound calling techniques to schedule meetings with identified target accounts
- Collaborate with marketing, support, sales and product teams to facilitate new programs, messaging, campaigns and offerings
- Ensure inbound requests and opportunity handoffs to sales, business development and support are successful and exceed the customer's satisfaction
- Ensure reporting and communications are frequent and bi-directional
- Exhibit qualities of overachievement, self-motivation, good team work and positive attitude
- Meet and exceed minimum activity metrics: 60 Dials, 10 conversations and 60 emails per day.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com CRM tool and LinkedIn/prospecting tools
- Previous experience in Business Development is a plus
- Previous experience with technology is a plus
First Pass Interview:
You will conduct a telephone pitch of NGINX with Chris, the Sales Director, with the goal of setting a meeting for your Account Executive. This will be timed and is not to exceed five minutes. Candidates will not be expected to be experts in our technology but will be tested for ability to overcome objections and benchmark your preparation for the call.
NGINX is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on our values: Progress, Excellence, Openness and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, NGINX welcomes the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers and business partners.