NGINX is the world's fastest growing web server and application acceleration software with over 140M sites using the software. NGINX is the #1 web server of choice for the top 100,000 busiest websites, such as Netflix, Hulu, Pinterest, Wordpress and Living Social. NGINX has an amazing culture built upon our core traits: Curiosity, Openness, Progress and Excellence.
NGINX is looking for a Technical Architect to join their professional services team in San Francisco. You will be responsible for providing clients with services related to implementing their application in the best manner possible.
- Architect and implement NGINXand NGINX Plus in a complex and multi-tiered environment
- Analyze a client's business problem and suggest technical solutions to the problem
- Architect a suggested solution
- Recommend tools and solutions to build the system
- Provide best practices for implementing the solution
- Guide a customer through the process of evaluating monolithic, SOA and microservice architectures, helping to choose the best approach for them.
The Technical Architect will also be responsible for:
- Contributing code and improvements to the NGINX Reference Architecture
- Writing technical documentation for the NGINX Reference Architecture
- Writing blog posts and documentation about technical problems and their solutions
- Presenting technical solutions at trade shows or technology meetups
- You have a BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience
- You have designed, built and maintained complex, multi-tiered applications using PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, NodeJS or equivalent systems
- You have implemented SOA or microservice applications using REST, JSON, SOAP and/or XML
- You have experience with Docker, LXC or a similar container system
- You have knowledge in traffic management and load balancing technologies
- You have expert level knowledge of HTTP, web servers and web applications
- You have skills in Linux/UNIX-based systems
- You have skills in networking technologies, Internet security products and services
- You have skills in business writing and presentation skills in English
- You enjoy working independently and are driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- You enjoy travelling 10-30% of the time
NGINX is an equal opportunity employer. Our culture is built on values: Progress, Excellence, Openness and Curiosity. These values are very important to our company and its continued success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, NGINX welcomes the opportunity to grow and learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers and business partners.